Last Updated: 14 Aug 2020
1. Personal Information We Collect
We collect Personal Information about you from different sources listed below. In this Policy, “Personal Information” means any information related to an identified or identifiable individual, and does not include data whereby personally identifiable information has been removed (such as anonymous data).
Information Provided by You
- Registration information. you register for our Platform, you provide us with Personal Information, such as your name, email address, telephone number, country, job title, company name and password.
- Correspondence and other communications. you contact us via a contact form, email, or by other means, you provide us with Personal Information, such as your name, email address, telephone number and the contents and nature of your correspondence with us.
Information Collected via Automated Means
- Information from third parties. obtain Personal Information about you from third parties, such as our payment processor Stripe. This information includes transaction information, such as details of payments made, VAT due, and the timings of such payments.
We also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for our purposes. Aggregated data may be derived from your Personal Information but is not Personal Information as this data will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate data about your use of our Services to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific feature. However, if we combine or connect aggregated data with your Personal Information so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we will treat the combined data as Personal Information which will be used in accordance with this Policy.
2. How We Use Personal Information
We will use your Personal Information for one or more of the following purposes:
2.1. Providing you with the Services. use your Personal Information to operate, maintain and provide you with the Services. In particular we will use your Personal Information to perform our contractual obligation towards you to allow you to create an account, upload your content, browse the Platform, purchase content and maintain a record of such purchase(s), and to contact you in case of any issue with your account. The Personal Information we process when doing so includes your registration, contact and transaction information.
2.2. Providing you with support and to respond to your requests and complaints. you reach out to us for support, we will perform our contractual obligation towards you by using your Personal Information to respond and resolve your queries and facilitate support. The Personal Information we process when doing so includes your correspondence with us, your name, contact details, and, to the extent applicable to your query or complaint, transaction and usage information.
2.3. Improve or monitor usage of our Services. is in our legitimate interests to improve our Services for our users, which includes conducting troubleshooting, testing and research and to keep the Services secure. When doing so we may use Personal Information that we automatically collect about you, such as identifiers and information on use.
2.4. To monitor and analyse trends and use of our Services. is in our legitimate interests to analyse the use of our Services. When doing so, we will process Personal Information that we automatically collect about you or that is generated about you when you use the Services.
2.5. To enforce the Dgraph Terms and Conditions, to comply with legal obligations and to defend Dgraph against legal claims or disputes. is in our legitimate interests to enforce our terms and policies, to ensure the integrity of our Services and to defend ourselves against legal claims or disputes. Where we do so, we will use the Personal Information relevant to such a case. Some processing may also be necessary to comply with a legal obligation placed on Dgraph, for example to keep records of transactions.
2.6. Marketing. you have consented to receive marketing communications, we will use your Personal Information to communicate with you regarding promotions, events, and other news, products or services we think will be of interest to you. You can opt out of such communications by following the unsubscribe mechanism on each communication, or by otherwise emailing us at [email protected]
- Strictly necessary cookies: cookies are strictly necessary to make our Website available to you; for example, to perform your login functionality and for user authentication and security. We cannot provide you with the Website without this type of cookies.
- Functional cookies: are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your account preferences.
- You can block cookies by setting your internet browser to block some or all cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website.
4. Who We Share Your Information WithWe disclose Personal Information about you with the following recipients and in the following circumstances: Vendors and service providers. We rely on vendors and service providers for the provision of our Services, such as:
- Cloud service providers who we rely on for data storage, disaster recovery and to perform our obligations to you, such as Amazon Web Services
- Analytics providers who help us to understand our user base and how our Services are used, such as Google Analytics, HotJar, MixPanel
- Providers of business communication tools, such as HubSpot
- Payment processors. disclose your information to payment processors in order to receive payment for the use of our Platform, such as Stripe. Further information on how they use your Personal Information can be found at https://stripe.com/en-in/privacy
- Dgraph group. share Personal Information about you with our affiliates and subsidiaries within Dgraph group.
- Legal. about our users, including Personal Information, will be disclosed to law enforcement agencies, regulatory bodies, public authorities or pursuant to the exercise of legal proceedings if we are legally required to do so, or if we believe, in good faith, that such disclosure is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or request, to enforce our terms and conditions, to prevent or resolve security or technical issues, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Dgraph, our users, a third party, or the public.
- Change of corporate ownership. we are involved in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, reorganisation, partnership, asset sale or other transaction, we may disclose your Personal Information as part of that transaction.
5. Your Rights and ChoicesIn certain circumstances if you are located in Europe, you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Information that we hold.
- Access. have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, and to receive an explanation of how we use it and who we share it with.
- Correction. have the right to correct any Personal Information we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Erasure. have the right to request for your Personal Information to be erased or deleted.
- Object to processing. have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information where we are relying on a legitimate interest or if we are processing your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.You have the right to request for your Personal Information to be erased or deleted.
- Restrict processing. have a right in certain circumstances to stop us processing your Personal Information other than for storage purposes.
- Portability. have the right to receive, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, Personal Information that you have provided to us if we process it on the basis of our contract with you, or with your consent, or to request that we transfer such Personal Information to a third party.
- Withdraw consent. we are processing your Personal Information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. For example, you can withdraw your consent for marketing by following the unsubscribe mechanism.
6. Cross-Border Data Transfers
We may transfer your Personal Information outside of the European Economic Area, including to US. When we do so, we shall ensure that relevant safeguards are in place to afford adequate protection for your Personal Information. Further details regarding the relevant safeguards can be obtained from us on request.
7. Children’s Privacy
Our Website is not directed to children, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 18 . If you learn that a child has provided us with Personal Information in violation of this Policy, please contact us as indicated below.
8. Data Retention
Dgraph stores all Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes set out in this Policy, or for as long as we are required to do so by law or in order to comply with a regulatory obligation. When deleting Personal Information, we will take measures to render such Personal Information irrecoverable or irreproducible, and the electronic files which contain Personal Information will be permanently deleted.
9. Data Security
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of Personal Information that we collect and maintain. However, the transfer of Personal Information through the internet will carry its own inherent risks and we do not guarantee the security of your data transmitted through the internet. You make any such transfer at your own risk.
Our Website may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party websites or services is provided directly to the operators of such websites or services and is subject to those operators’ policies governing privacy and security, even if accessed via our Website. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-parties to which links or access are provided through our Website. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with your Personal Information.
10. Changes to this Policy
We will notify you of any material changes so that you have time to review the changes.
If you wish to lodge a complaint about how we process your Personal Information, please contact us at [email protected] will endeavour to respond to your complaint as soon as possible. You may also lodge a claim with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK or the data protection supervisory authority in the EU country in which you live or work, where you believe we have infringed data protection laws.
12. Our Contact Information
Dgraph Labs, Inc is the entity responsible for the processing of your Personal Information, and for the purpose of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation, is the data controller in respect of the processing of your Personal Information. If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, our privacy practices, or if you would like to exercise your rights with respect to your Personal Information, please contact us by email at [email protected]